Pages

Saturday, 23 July 2011

Wood or White?

In one of my previous posts I was praising the use of light-colored wood in lofts, especially in those that can't let a lot of natural light in, which really is most lofts.

I suppose we may as well go all in and pick white as the dominant color. Here are some examples:


I particularly like the simplicity and the use of material in the latter. Other people may argue that you get bored of white, not of wood. Also, this is what I would call a radical choice that (too) strongly reflects someone's personality. I'm not sure it would suit someone like me who lived in Africa and South America and is more used to the warmth of brighter colors.

For now, I think I am more inclined to mix both and, maybe, instead of using light wood, to keep the darkness of our beams and create a contrast with white walls.

And let's not forget the brick wall that I am still planning to restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.